• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

So I bought a 74 tt clamp for my 71...

jodiddley

CB750 Member
Reaction score
And it didn't fit. The listing said it was compatible but the holes aren't matching up. My fault for not having done the homework but now I'm trying to figure out if I
A) Waste time trying to find a decent used 69-72 clamp
B) But a NOS one on ebay for 250+
or
C) But a slightly beat up front end from a 73 and just use that with my 74 clamp* (since the bike I bought has long chopperesque forks that I was looking to replace anyway)

If going with C, what sort of things should I be taking into consideration?
Opinions!?
Thanks

*https://www.ebay.com/itm/1972-1976-Honda-CB750-Front-End-Forks-Tubes-Lower-Legs-Cases-Reflector-Boots/192540444563?hash=item2cd44e0793:g:HJMAAOSwz4Fa-fMR

What holes are not matching up? You should be able to make a later top clamp fit just have to use a different setup to hold the gauges. Used clamps will be hard to find in usable shape, they had a habit of cracking. maybe post some pictures of what you are having an issue with.

What holes are not matching up? You should be able to make a later top clamp fit just have to use a different setup to hold the gauges. Used clamps will be hard to find in usable shape, they had a habit of cracking. maybe post some pictures of what you are having an issue with.

When the 2 clamps are lined up, the holes for the fork tubes line up but the center hole does not, just barely.
Should this not be an issue?

My 71 cracked on the left fork hole.

They should be the same...it should fit

The picture where I put one on top of the other might not be super exact. But I traced both on paper by lining up the holes for the fork tubes.

IMG_2840.jpgIMG_2841.jpg

Pretty sure that black clamp isnt off of a 74 750...not even sure its off of a 750, looks a lot different then any of the upper clamps I have and I have swapped around many years of 750 uppers and they all fit.

Pretty sure that black clamp isnt off of a 74 750...not even sure its off of a 750, looks a lot different then any of the upper clamps I have and I have swapped around many years of 750 uppers and they all fit.

Oh boy, I'll look into that then. I got it off of ebay listed as having come off of a 74, but I'm still within the 30 day return...
THANKS!

Back