• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

#2 Carb drain pissing fuel

Wez_

CB750 Addict
Reaction score
After the bike warms up the drain port on the bottom of the number two bowl pisses fuel constantly until everything empty. Not sure if it's the float adjustment or not. What should I do first? I pulled the number two bowl and everything seems ok. Ap shot coming from all sides of the rectangle little trap port. It just seems like the float wasnt closing the fuel off

Thanks, did you do any adjustment to the tang on the float? I removed my float and needle assembly and everything looks perfect. I gave the tang a slight bend and checked it's operation with the fuel shut off and the needle/float seem to be working properly. The long drain tube did have some corrosion in there...anyways cleaned it all up and it was great for a day, now today to work, drip drip....

My bike was running great. When i pulled bowls out, full of junk. I did not do any adjustments, just cleaning. Drip is gone

yea man, Thanks. I had a few problems. First, I ordered new throttle cables, both push and pull. Then I synchronized my carburetors and now I can leave the fuel in the "ON" position and come back to a dry motorcycle. One day a lady tracked me down in the store to tell me my bike was pissing fuel. She was a mega gear head lady. She was talking about some race isle of man in Europe. fun times :)

Back