• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Jetting question. Searched for days with no answer.

sketch9

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I have recently acquired a 1980 CB750C. The P.O. tore apart the carbs, eventually realized he was in over his head and bought a used replacement set and then had someone rebuild them. I have taken them apart for my own inspection and habe come across something I can't find much info on.

The primary main jet and secondary main jet on all 4 carbs are #102. I am aware that when stock they are something like 68 and 102 and can be bumped up for tuning purposes but I have never read about anyone using the same size for both main jets. I have retrieved the original 68 jets and am wondering if I should clean them and put them in or if using 102 for both is a viable approach.

I am thinking the guy that he paid to rebuild them either fucked up and/or didn't know what the fuck he was doing. Any input would be much appreciated. This is my first bike and although I know a fair amount about working on engines and mechanical stuff, carbs are still new to me and everything I can find always has the main jets being different sizes.

Thanks in advance.

I am thinking the guy that he paid to rebuild them either fucked up and/or didn't know what the fuck he was doing.

Don't let history repeat itself lol. Install everything back to factory first, get it running great. Then go for the mods that everyone has agreed to work.

Back