• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

What are “pods”

Ironflash09

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hey guys. Super, super newbie here. Have had 2 motorcycles which were shop maintained. Just bought a new 72 CB750 I’d like to fix up.
First things is need to complete my engine and can’t fihure out the difference between pods and air filters. Everyone says pods are bad but I don’t even know what they are. Help please?

Pod filters are individual filters that go on each carb instead of the air filter box that has one filter in it. They are not bad on the old 750 such as yours, they would need some rejetting. If the stock air box is there and useable then use it, they do run good with it...just as designed from Honda.

Thanks for the info. I guess I’ve never seen any with an air box or never noticed so I thought the pods were stock.

Anyone have any info/opinions on why some people say they are bad?

on the sohc motors they are not bad, I use them on all of mine but you do have to do some work to get them jetted right. They do run smoother if you just stick with the stock air box.

Back