• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Temporary Brake Failure When Coasting

spadekevin

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a new rider who, after putting several hundred miles on a 125cc Honda Dream, finally got serious on a 400cc Honda Steed. My first big trip was the Mae Hong Son Loop through northern Thailand. If you've never heard of it, mark it down as a biker's pilrimage to complete before you die. At any rate, I ran out of gas one day about a mile from a gas station (dumb, yeah, I know). The good news was the mile was all down hill. I put the bike in neutral and let myself coast. I didn't ride the brake, but did try to keep myself from gaining too much speed. Before long the brake failed completely; I would have been in big, big trouble had the road not flattened out at that point.
I fueled up, got the bike running again, and after a short test ride in an adjacent parking lot discovered I had regained braking power. I'm trying to learn bike mechanics but am still in the dark can anyone tell me what happened?

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:-
https://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8149
Workforce Analytics Example

Thanks!

Back