• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Exhaust Rubbing on Oil Pan 1982 CB750

TBush1982CB750

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 1982 CB750, can not confirm if it's a custom or just a 750k. But anyway, I rode it for 2 days around town and there was no leaking on this bike! Took it for about an hour ride on the weekend and the following morning I found a small puddle of oil! With further inspection and after taking the left side exhaust off, I notice that the exhaust had rubbed/wore a groove into the side of the oil pan. One spot had worn all the way through and I imagine the heat cleared any oil blocking its flow, the rest of the worn spot was about a 1/16 of an inch thick. I ordered a new/used oil pan, but I was just curious if this had happened to anyone else? Or if not many 1982s still have stock exhaust an oil pans! Anyway my name is Taylor, I'm new to the forum and I'm excited about my new bike! I'll post pictures soon!

It would help if you posted images of what you are talking about. Picture of the complete bike/exhaust. Picture of the damage.

You got it, I've already placed the oil pan at this point. But I will post of pictures tonight. I guess I was just hoping someone else had heard/seen this already before. Thanks for the response.

Is it different on a cellphone? Because genuinely I do not see a paperclip button, to add an attachment. Feeling like a complete idiot right now, sorry.

Back