• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

chain and sprockets

bigbyrd

CB750 Member
Reaction score
is it common for a 01 750 nighthawk to have its chain sprockets a different size ? motor sure seems to turn fast! im sure th engineers know more than I but im not racing it

Not really sure what you mean bigbyrd. Of course the front sprocket (counter sprocket) is smaller than the rear sprocket. I'm sure the engineers do believe that the stock set up is the best all around set up for everyday riding. Since I don't like my motor spinning at high RPMs when I travel I usually change the stock gear ratio to something higher. This can be done by replacing the front counter sprocket for a larger one (maybe one tooth) or the rear sprocket for a smaller one (maybe as many as 4 teeth). Keep in mind that if you replace either or just one sprocket the chain and the other sprocket needs to be replaced also. If you don't replace all three at the same time all three will wear out very quickly. Now this is very true about older chains and sprockets but might not be about the new chain technology, i e O-ring chains. Please someone chime in here if I'm wrong. I found your thread because I'm looking for a counter sprocket for my 02 Nighthawk. Sorry so late. docjones

Back