• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Where do I get these..?

D00bysnacks

CB750 Member
Reaction score
So I need to get my 79 cb750k safetied. Looks like I just need to put my chain guard back on and put on DOT approved signals. POSSIBLY fenders, depending on how strict the guy is. If its just the signals.. where should I go to get the cheapest DOT approved signals?

Ive been looking around but all I can find are signals that dont specific DOT approval.

In the event that they say fenders need to be stock size, anybody have suggestions? The bike is in minty shape, about 13k original kms. The bike really is very road safe, but road "legal".. just trying to find my cheapest route.

Thanks!!

eye candy....

IMG_2798.jpgIMG_2855.jpgIMG_2861.jpg

ive been up and down ebay and amazon. everything DOT approved is jacked up in price for a single lamp :( Curious if anybody has a good online supplier for this kinda thing for cheap. Just need it for safety.

I live in Ca and the DMV here is both criminal and anal.

When I moved here from NV the DMV failed my bikes inspection because it doesn't have the original tire pressure sticker on the frame. They forced me to go to a second location for an inspection from the highway patrol, who apparently only has one person qualified to inspect motorcycles, so I had to make an appointment.

So, a month later when I get my bike inspected by the CHP, the only thing he looked at was the frame ID and Engine ID. He didn't even turn the key on.

I head back to DMV with my so called safety inspection receipt, I mean "certificate", and they added on late fees to my registration because by the time I got through all their extortionist bureaucratic bullshit, the time to register the bike after moving into the state had expired. (PS If you say the word "Bullshit" inside a Ca DMV office, guns will be drawn and pointed at you)

I paid over $200 to register a 1974 CB750k. Even now in CA, my registration fee goes up every year, not down. In NV, they apologized to me for not being able to charge me less then the $20 minimum each year.

Anyways......I got my blinkers from CB750Supply.com. If they look stock, and flash like stock, chances of you finding someone at the DMV with the brains to realize they aren't stock are pretty slim.

PS Only the lens is DOT approved.

Capture.JPG

Im in Canada where guns aren't drawn if you say "bullshit".. or for most other reasons for that matter. We all just apologize, sing koombaya and walk back to our igloos. haha.

That being said, I will check cb750supply.com. thanks.

So a new listing came up on ebay. Found DOT approved signals for $15 each plus about $4 shipping. Sold by "pazoma-moto". By far the cheapest option if seen. Once I get them and pass safety, I will pop back in here and confirm they are sufficient.

Back