• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1975 Super Sport

Codeman

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hey Guys!

I'm new to the forum and would like some advice from some of you who are much smarter than I am. I'm currently in the middle of doing a full engine rebuild ('75 SS). Most of the websites seem to have parts for the K engines but seem to have hardly anything for the F engines. I could possibly reuse my pistons but would ideally like new ones.

So..

1) Are there any websites you recommend for parts? (I've been on CycleX, Honda Hospital, Dime City, 4into1, Wiseco, few others...). Most list the compatibility with K bikes but say nothing about the F motors.
2) Are F engines just much harder to find things for?
3) Any other recommendations you have a for a CB newbie doing a full rebuild?

Thanks,

Cody

Yes F engine parts are much harder to find...mostly the piston rings. Basically if you want a stock sized rebuild you will have to find NOS parts....not gonna be easy or fun. If you want to increase displacement then things become easy. For a stock rebuild, no matter what year you need to do heavy duty cylinder studs, new cam and primary chains...heavy duty if you can afford it and necessary if you go big bore. New cam chain tensioner and primary tensioner..the rubber wheels if not chunking out will be shortly. Balance the crank makes for smoother running engine. Stock displacement at least put new connecting rod bolts in...if going big bore upgrade the rods to aftermarket. Have the top of the block and the cylinder head surfaced for MLS head gasket....more expensive but almost guaranteed to never leak when used with heavy duty studs, if not use a graphite Cometic head gasket. Have the cylinder head rebuilt by APE or CycleX...your guides are worn and the valve faces are more then likely shot, so do new valves...dont go cheap on the cylinder head you have to pull the motor to pull the head if you find out it burns out later, plus the head is where the power is in the 750, stock the port job is poor and really limits power, I would do the fully rebuilt and street ported head from Cycle X. I suggest undercut transmission...keeps it from popping out of gear under accel...plus you probably have some rounded dogs, mostly on 2nd gear. 750 is not cheap to rebuild, F's are worse. Cycle X know what they are doing with the 750, If you talk to Ken, listen to his advise and recommendations. If you need to get more specific with questions feel free to ask I'll do my best to give you honest recommendations.

Back