• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Tachmeter cable retention bolt

amaskedman

CB750 Member
Reaction score
The bolt is lose, its either broken off in there, or something. I cant find it on any parts diagrams. Can anyone help? I don't know what to call it. I need its dimensions so I can see whats going on.

Thanks. It goes in the cover and keeps the tach end from coming out. I guess that's right but I didnt expect to find it there. I have to check valve clearance and I guess I will get a letter look then.

Thanks. It goes in the cover and keeps the tach end from coming out. I guess that's right but I didnt expect to find it there. I have to check valve clearance and I guess I will get a letter look then.

It actually screws into one of the cam journal caps, #3 in that schematic. That one cap sticks through a hole in the valve cover with a seal where it does. That's why you find it in the "Cylinder Head" section.

Capture.JPG

I cant tell whats going, doesn't look like the right bolt though. Do you know what size it is? I may just go to the HW store and pick up a few and see what works best. It basically keep the tach cable from backing out.

Back