• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Sprung a leak

Skelee

CB750 Addict
Reaction score
I pulled into work. I noticed fuel leaking from the end of the closed carb? Any ideas where. I dont have many tools on hand.

Only 1 carb is leaking. The 3rd one from left. I am guessing float problem

Most Likely,
you can try the carb drain screw and wash out what ever is obstructing the float valve from closing all the way. I've had that work. Or tap the carb with the handle of a screw diver, that might stop the leak. Or, just use the petcock to turn off the gas till you can get to cleaning the carbs.

Yup, looks like the float valve is not sealing. Could be some junk in there keeping it from sealing, the seat or needle has corrosion, or you could have a hole in your float, keeping it from floating.

Finally took carbs out. Gave them good cleaning. No longer leak. However. Hell of a time getting the air box side all connected. I tried everything i know. Any suggestions i looked at youtube and noyhing works for me.

They are a bitch to get on. I Actually ended up using a ratchet strap around the back of the air box, all the way around the engine to get them on.

Back