• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Craigslist and Ebay Ads

if the engine is viable its not to bad i see ones like that going for $500 around here and just engines that they claim are good go for $6-700.

Maybe you're right. A spare motor is nice to have around for parts. I bought one for my 450 for $100. It paid for itself almost immediately. It came with a spare set of carbs, CDI box and a bunch of other parts. That motor has long bolts that hold it together from the head down to the crankcase instead of studs with nuts on them. I twisted one of them off and probably turned one or two others beyond they're elastic limit before they popped loose. They cost about $15 each. Adds up quick. Maybe I'll go take a look at it after all.

Yeah you'd basically be paying $200 for an engine. That's not that bad but unless you need an engine or parts from one, or know it's a runner, I'm not sure I'd buy it. :twocents:

Yeah, thats what good origanal early 750's are gettin. That one has modern aftermarket front brake , and not sure if a "70" had duall discs either. I just cant bring
Myself to pay that much for one. I just missed a 78 ss with 3414 origanal miles that the engine was locked from sitting( most likely just the kicker froze) and no seat with good title, for $200 didnt get to it fast enough. keep looking there out there.

I've actually had good luck posting want ads for motorcycles on Craigslist. State what you want in the ad and people will email you, usually before posting the bike for everyone else to compete over. People want to sell a bike and look on CL to see what they're going for, then come across the want ad and send you an email. It's nice because then you don't have to rush to jump on good deals because no one else knows about it yet.

I rode an 80's honda large scooter, I wanna say a silver cloud or something like that..It was like floating on air and the trans(auto) was like grammas buick, smooth as butter...put in other words, i was riding my XS only at the time and it made that caddy feel like a corvette for a ride totally took me off guard!

Back