• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

73 cb750 battery discharged smoke

guhhhh9

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hey guys I recently got a new battery (lithium) for my bike. I cranked it took it for a short ride got back home then heard hissing coming from the battery with alot of smoke. The battery was a name brand one that was recommended from the battery store I went to. I was wondering how to go about troubleshooting this to ensure that nothing is wrong before I go get another battery and blow it too. If there is any information needed please let me know, any help is greatly appreciated.

You do know lithium batteries can explode, yes? Search for pics of exploding cell phones and multiply that by battery size.

They can also catch fire days after being disconnected if they are damaged.

If I had a lithium battery that big smoking and hissing I'd take it to the fire department for disposal instructions asap.

PS Stores are going to recommend you buy whatever they make the most profit on.

I recommend you buy the $45 battery from Walmart that was included in the bikes design as the early cb750's pretty much always overcharge the battery.

That being said, you need to check the fluid level in the battery regularly. If it runs dry it'll go bad. (Happens to me more then I care to admit)

Capture.JPG

Back