• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1982 CB750 Nighthawk - New Turn Controls

rrodi

82 Nighthawk Cafe
Reaction score
Hi there!

Currently working on my first CB750 build (actually first motorcycle build ever), a 1983 CB750 Nighthawk (with a stock wiring harness from a 1982 CB750 Nighthawk Custom). I'm looking to upgrade the left side turn controls from stock to the K&S 12-0041B. I have the wiring diagram for both the harness and new controls, but am having a hard time figuring out which colour wires from the stock harness are supposed to connect to which wires on the new control. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I've attached both wiring diagrams.

Cheers and thanks so much!

Safe riding,

Ryan 2.jpgkspic.jpgK&S.jpg

That electrical schematic of your Honda sucks horribly. Get a color version that includes the bulb filament connections. I did a Google search for cb750 elec schematic and the first one was color and had the interconnections. If that was tricky to figure out then i would stop now and get a buddy to help you out.

Cash to my email? :thumbsup: :laugh:

The Clymers manual has color electrical schematics which contain interconnect pin outs for all cb750s for the year range. See the below link.

https://www.amazon.com/Clymer-Manual-Honda-CB750-79-82/dp/B00HRXJ9ZK

The reason why I'm being a jerk about this is because electronics require some basic critical thinking. I would start with the obvious connections, make them, and see what you have left over. This is after you have married the two schematics on paper and in your head a few times ahead. Make yourself a new schematic on a blank piece of paper. (only the needed circuits obviously). When stripping back wires on bikes nearly 40 years old, expect the wires to be corroded and solder tends not to flow. Even if you strip back like 3 inches , you still may have corrosion in the copper. Use a good flux, soldering iron and heat shrink tubing once the connections have been soldered together. Don't "butt" solder the tinned tips, rather lap the two tinned tips past each other and apply solder. Heat gun is needed.

My wiring harness was crap also, so I feel your pain. It's just I wouldn't expect a first timer to handle these tasks without some pain.

20180117_182253.jpg

CB650_80-82_.jpg

Last edited:
Back