• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Handlebar vibrations

gardobe

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hi all,*

I bought a 1992 cb 750 and experiencing some vibration on the handlebar grips; particularly on the trottle side. My right hand starts to go numb after about 30 km. It is a high frequency vibration pretty much the same accross the entire rpm range. The engine runs smooth, tried to add extra weight at the end of the handlebar, helped abit but problem still exist. Any recommendation, idea what to try?*
I have heated oxford grips, love them, do not want to replace them with gel grip or similar.

Thank you

"anti vibration handlebar inserts" (they mount to the end of the bar but extend inside, not outside, a few inches) are what you are looking for but the problem is, they are not "one size fits all". The weight and length needs to be tuned to your bike for them to work properly.

You can also look up "Barsnake", another product made for this.

There's also other DIY tricks you can try. Some people fill the bars with lead shot (or lead fishing weights) and others fill the bars with butyl rubber.

Back