• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Putting older version Carbs on 1978 CB750 k8

tdubsy

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Just started a CB750 project and this is my first day on the forum.

I have a 1978 K8 I plan on rebuilding the carbs, But after a bit of research I've noticed that finding parts for the 77-78 carbs is much harder/more expensive compared to the K0-K6

Is it feasible to put the older version of carb on the K8 to make maintenance easier down the line? Or will this just cause more headaches?

Thanks

Thomas

Attachments

• IMG_20180512_201418_01.jpg
    IMG_20180512_201418_01.jpg
    324.8 KB · Views: 144
They can be swapped but you need to get the correct carb boots for the smaller earlier carbs. I've never found parts hard to find, https://www.cb750supply.com/products/6/fuel-system they have all parts needed and basically the same price as the earlier round top carbs. If you need jets go to Jetsrus.com.

I did manage to find all the parts I needed, It just seems there is definitely less supply as that version only had a 2 year run. Even on cb750supply they didn't have carb boots for the newer carb, but they did for the older one

I'm assuming if I did ever swap it, It would only be the carb boots and the air supply boots I would have to get?

The throttle cables are different also. The air box side is different also so depending on what air filter setup you are runnung that would need to be changed as well. I see no reason to change them, they are good carbs and work well. But its up to you, I see no reason to go threw the added expense.

Back