• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

New tag bracket

pidaster

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used to have my tag below my brake light but I've bumped it with the tire a few times and I intend to lower the rear two inches so it's got to move. I couldn't find any online I was really happy with unless they were ridiculously expensive so I made my own from some scrap I had laying around.
What do y'all think?
tag1_zpsa3868070.jpg

tag2_zps31433fce.jpg

tag3_zps029886c4.jpg

Looks good you did a good job on those curves. I would make sure it is legal. Some states it is illegal to have a verticle mount tail light and a plate that is not lit, I have no idea for your state. Just something to check up on.

I don't drive it enough to worry about it's legality. I usually only get to take short joy rides about once a month during daylight hours.

Thats cool, just putting it out there as it is something a lot of people dont think about and some states are stricter than others.

Yesterday I talked to two deputies I know and they said as long as it's visible looking at the rear of the vehicle then it's fine. I know it needs a light for night but they told me not to worry about it. They only give tag light tickets if you did something else wrong and ran your mouth.

Good luck with that. I had a axle mount license plate holder on one of my bikes. I came home one day to find a little metal stub hanging off my axle. Luckely I was able to retrace my ride and find my license plate and the rest of the mount... after it got run over a bunch of times.

Yeah keep an eye on it for cracks. They tend to take a lot of abuse being mounted like that and break off. It looks good though. You can't legally run a vertical plate here.. Wish we could.

I lost my tag previously due to it being mounted above the tire under the tail lamp. I had plastic bolts holding the tag and they sheared when the tire barely got it. I looked back when it happened and the tag was there. Got to the house a few miles away and it was gone. Cost me $10 to get another one.
Thanks for the compliments.

I like your idea alot. But then why not mount your brake light on your new mount as well? I think that would clean up the back end and look even better.

I might do that when and if I change seats. I don't want to bother with filling and painting the holes in the fiberglass seat right now. I've got way too much going on.

Back