• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

So, I think it's time

Hunnybear

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hello.

New to the forum, so i'll start there. I've had this bike since 2010. Belonged to a good friend of mine who sold it to me, and a couple months later, was involved in an accident and lost his life. I have developed this bike as a tribute bike, but after spending 7 years with this bike in Japan, and left in the elements without a cover, she is in desperate need of restoration.

Yesterday i pulled the carbs off. They all need a good cleaning and rebuild. I want to pull the engine out and strip the frame / re-paint it. I need new rear shocks and i think the front forks are leaking pretty good. The tires are shot, and the rear turn lights are dry rot. I'm having trouble pulling the airbox, but think i have figured out how to get it out.

I'm used to working on cars, never worked on a bike before. With cars, there is a pretty decent manual with a parts breakdown and lots of youtube videos on disassembly. Does anyone know of a good resource or location for this kind of information for the bike?

- Rex

Hi Rex, and welcome.
I'm not a mechanic, but I get my resources from Reddit, Youtube and here. If you were to search "restoration" in the search field, I'm sure you will come across a LOT of information. Please let me know how the restoration goes. I wish I had a garage to restore mine. I have the problem of limited space. Hope this helps.

I found allot of good you tube videos on replacing the fork seals, and you may be able to download a manual online. I was able to for my 78 750. And there are a few knowledgeable guys here willing to help you. good luck with your build. The nice part of working on bikes is there is less rust here in ohio.

Thanks guys,

I started the tear down and pulled the carbs. I'm having trouble figuring out how to remove the chain so i can pull the engine/back tire. I will need to rebuild my front forks, as they are leaking.

I decided to wait until i have the funds to purchase "My CB750" so i can atlas have a road map for the rebuild. As for now i have ordered the carb rebuild kit.

Looking forward to going through this with everyone.

Back