• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Bike Stand

Klaebo

CB750 New member
Reaction score
I've decided to dive into my first CB-750 and would love some suggestions on a great stand to safely hold the bike while I work on it. I'd love to lift it up so it's easier to work on, but a hoist isn't in the budget. Coming from a dirt bike background I never had to wrestle this much weight around and worry a ton about safety.

Thanks.

Those smaller ATV lifts work well but you can also get pretty cheap motorcycle lifts from Harbor Freight.

My garage is carpeted so sitting on the floor is not so bad.

(Sounds crazy but it's awesome. Used carpet, no padding, duct taped down at the edges.)

The stock center stand is pretty solid. Even if your not going to leave it on, it's a great cheap way to hold the bike vertical while working on it.

Mine is missing it so I made a stand to hold the bike up when I need to take a wheel off (one at a time) for some reason. I have to use a floor jack and a 2x4 to temporarily hold it while I put the stand where the wheel was and slide the axle through it.

IMG_20180508_103805.jpg

Back