• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

What does this mean??

CB750Todd

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK...so I've been working on my '75 and I thought I had it running great. I take it out today because its a beautiful 70 degrees and sunny here in south Texas today and I get it up to about 65-70 mph and it just acts like its starving for fuel...no power,kinda sputtery but if I reach down and ease the choke up a little it takes off like a rocket, but if I leave it up it bogs down which is expected. I have a 4 into 2 exhaust with pod filters and if I remember the jets are 120's and the needles are adjusted up all the way..... at idle if I nail the throttle it revs like a screaming cyclone. SOOOO.... what does it mean that when I ease the choke up at highway speeds and it runs better and gains power??? Do I need bigger jets? I know its hard to diagnose but any advice will be greatly appreciated!!

Just a follow up to my original post...I pulled my main jets which I thought were 120's,there were only 110's...ordered a set of 120's,popped 'em in and bingo...runs like a scalded dog!!!

Back