• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Frame & Rake??

Mmcw86CB

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hello there,
I am new to this forum, new to CB’s and to motorcycles in general. However, I’ve been around performance car, mainly Porsche and BMW, for quite sometime. Today I picked up a 1971 CB750 (for free) and this thing is stuck in the 70’s. It has a bubble paint job, twisted bars & kick stand, sissy bar, extended fork tubes... the whole nine. I can tell that there are definitely some plate work on the frame. Mainly underneath the custom gas tank and near where the tree mounts to the frame (I don’t know what that’s called. There’s a rake to it but I don’t know if it’s just extended forks and a lower in the rear or if the angle of the frame has been modified. Does anyone know the factory degree of frame?

I found an old repair manual and it says 27 degrees. So 27 is the underside angle, plus Dave’s number of 63 would give a 90.. which would make total sense

47E1674C-978A-44D0-8ED4-D613512DCD63_zps2i4ret3r.jpg

Thats definitely a classic 70's build. Looks to me like the neck is not altered, just plated and smoothed. Kind of hard to tell from the angle though, maybe a straight shot from the side. Lets see a shot of the whole bike, interested in seeing it. Has the rare unicorn upper triple clamp though, has some interesting pieces. Are you going to get it going or part it out? Whats the plan?

Back