• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1980 CB750k Battery

bruh! when it comes to a battery, don't go cheap, I've been there, money is tight, and you really want to make progress or actually ride... but don't cheap out on your battery!!! yes this battery would probably work, but do you really want to take the chance of being stranded on the road until you can get someone to bring you the right battery. or have to call someone and trailer it home! just my opinion and you can do what you please but I will never buy a cheap battery! look into the anti gravity batteries! yes they are quite pricy but your getting a lot for your money!

cheers:cheers:

It's less about the money (to some extent) and more about dimensions.

I can pay 100+ if i can get it within my sizing parameters.
Long story short I had a electrical box designed and its a tad bit small for my current 12V-14AH battery (damnit). I can't really get it redesigned anytime soon and so was looking into other quicker options that would work.

As for the antigravity, they would require some upgrades in the charging system (regulator at the minimum), and thaaaat would unfortunately put me past my budget.

The difference in amp is considerable, the one OP mentions is a 100 amp battery and the recommended one rates at 190, that is a big loss in cranking power. Likely to have some cranking issues at some point.

I wouldn't be surprised if the battery terminals melted as well, those terminals are for lesser load use like electric gates and such, they will likely not handle full starter amp across them. A spade type plug on connector like that is death in the severe service use a starter puts a battery through, there is nowhere near enough cross-sectional material to carry the needed amp. The link shows the intended use at only 10 amp lower down, it is not designed to make all 100 amp available at once like a starter would demand.

Last edited:
Thank you amc!

Exactly the type of answer i was looking for.
I will do what i can to get back to 12V 14AH.

Cheers:D

Back