• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

help converting 1979 CB750K to F body

kar1zma

CB750 Member
Reaction score
hi guys

first post here. so my friend has a 1979 canadian police model which was used by the local
police here. we bought this model and are restoring it

cb750 frame.jpg

the police models were K type and we really like the look of the F type supersport
and are going ahead to source body parts to make the conversion

daytona-cozy-seat-honda-cb7509001100-f_big48885-01_78b1.jpg

here are the parts we want to buy

cb parts.jpg

please advice us guys if the parts are a direct bolt on or what kind of modification would
be required to fit these parts.
just want to be sure before i go ahead and purchase these

thanks for your advices

The frames are different to mount the different parts. As well, you'll need a seat, it is different too.

AHA!!!!
thank you for that

what would be required to make the swap
i was aware of the seat being different but could we modify the brackets or tabs locations to
fit on our K model

More like cut them off and put in a different place. The frames are 99% the same, they change bracket and tab locations and using different pieces. Easiest is to get the correct frame.

More like cut them off and put in a different place. The frames are 99% the same, they change bracket and tab locations and using different pieces. Easiest is to get the correct frame.

very difficult to get access to CB750 parts here
the bike is in india. we have only a handful of Cbs in the entire country.

i must imagine getting a frame from the US would be expensive

but we have good fabricators here who could cut and weld the brackets in the correct places

I would try and source the F seat. It is so unique compared to the C and K. The F seat seems to blend the tail plastic, side plastic and frame together to create that sleek factory look that is seen in your image that you attached. If you tried to install that tail cowl onto your K seat/frame, I doubt it would come out right. You basically NEED that seat/seat pan. Seems critical and unique to me. It will be totally worth it as the K bikes look so sweet in factory trim. Great restoration idea. That tank looks beat up also, but from the sounds of it, available parts are non existent. For a motorcycle restoration, don't cheap out on the seat, its nearly a deal breaker for any bike. It's like having fresh clean Nike sneakers, with dirty shoe laces :laugh:

I would try and source the F seat. It is so unique compared to the C and K. The F seat seems to blend the tail plastic, side plastic and frame together to create that sleek factory look that is seen in your image that you attached. If you tried to install that tail cowl onto your K seat/frame, I doubt it would come out right. You basically NEED that seat/seat pan. Seems critical and unique to me. It will be totally worth it as the K bikes look so sweet in factory trim. Great restoration idea. That tank looks beat up also, but from the sounds of it, available parts are non existent. For a motorcycle restoration, don't cheap out on the seat, its nearly a deal breaker for any bike. It's like having fresh clean Nike sneakers, with dirty shoe laces :laugh:

thanks for the tip
we have procured all the body panels
the only thing left is the seat.
i did find a few on ebay. we will be making the necessary fabrications to make the seat fit right.

the project will be done right!!!!

Back