• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1981 cb750f cafe racer build...?

Squid

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hello everyone and thanks for checking this out. Picked up this '81 CB for $350 acouple months back and had been a while before i even touched it. The engine was in the frame and it was a roller but all the other parts had been off of it for some time. So, anyway i started breaking her down and putter her fame on a diet and knocking down some welds. Removed most of the back half of the frame up to where shock mounts are, one of the upper cross supports uder the tank area, all the centerstand mounting bracketry, and all the little wire clips and tabs to make the frame as light and smooth as possible. (The only thing i will be using for this build from the oringinal bike is the frame and engine btw) So a few months have passed since ingit to that point and now I'm back on a misson to get this thing going. I brought it out to my stepfathers house to work on it there since he has the machinery for what i need to to. Bead blasted the frame and smoothed out the welds even smoother and primed and half assed painted the frame to prevent any corrosion. After that was done i split the cases because when i drained the oil originally it had metal particulates in it so i wanted to be safe am make sure nothing was failing or had failed. Just found that the vam chain was looks and the chain had eaten awaybat some of the material in the cylinder casting. So now i am going to balance the con rods on both ends, balance the pistons, bead blast all the castings and side cases, lighten the flywheel and knife edge the counterweights then get it balanced as well, and then start the rebuild process. I may put in some hotter cams but not too sure as of yet sence ultimately after i find an 1100 i have plans on maximizing its potential and stuffing it the frame. So thats all i have for now. When i get back home next week ill upload the progess pictures since i cant figure it out on my phone and its a PITA to even type this up as im sure you have been able to tell by this point, if youre still reading this, haha.

Last edited:
20171005_160647.jpg20171005_160647.jpg

Back