• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Missing part on an ‘80 super sport??

750SuperSport

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Started stripping down a 1980 super sport I just picked up for a café build (my first build I should add...) and noticed this “T” had an open end on it. Anyone know what’s going on here?

Edit....can’t get pics to post... it’s a T that is located near the battery box. Sorry for lack of info and pics. But it’s the only T I’ve found on the bike of its size. Fairly large

If hose from the two back sides of motor go up to it then the extra missing hose goes to top of the OEM airbox if it has one. If not then it becomes a vent hose open to the air. Leave the 'T' high in the air to force crankcase blowby to go way up before dropping back down, it will then let most oil run back into motor to not be lost from the engine.

There is another much smaller 'T' located between the carb pairs, it is a vent hose too.

Thank you so much. Makes sense now. Well, to avoid having to start another topic maybe a couple other questions could be answered here. Little black plastic container mounted underneath the battery tray??? Is it a catch can?
Also, is there no oil cooler on the ‘80 supersport?

No cooler, the same pan is used as on 900 but you find unmachined bosses on the front where the oil lines would bolt up to it.

'Is it a catch can?'

Yes, with the OEM airbox there is a fitting lower on the back that runs another hose to it, and a small hose (some have it, some don't) possibly, dead on the bottom of airbox that drains water that may get in the box. The top hose to box lets blowby enter to have carbs suck it up but any solids stay in the hose to drop out further down to end up in catch can. One hose to can is blind and gets the plug pulled to drain any crud that builds up in the can.

For hotrod remove the can under battery and the hose off big T just drops back down to back of motor in front of swing arm. The engines really like the OEM airbox and people often get into tuning issues with pods if that is where you are going so expect it. The CV type carbs do not like pods at all.

Back