• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Rear Fairings removal

El Dub

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hello - I just purchased my first motorcycle - a 1995 CB750 - I love it. I am looking to install a Shad top case. As you can see in the picture, there is already a seat back with a rack. In order to remove it, I have to take off the rear fairing. I noticed that the rack is held in place by the same bolts that hold the shock absorbers in place and I am worried that the shocks will come off if I remove that bolt. Can anybody tell me if this is true and, if so, how to avoid a problem before it starts. Thanks for helping! my-nighthawk.JPG

More than likely stud and nut used there rather than bolts. Nut comes off while stud continues to hold shock in place.

did this work?

Great - thanks for the information. I appreciate the help.
Just making sure it worked... I think I have to take the rear fairing off as well and wanted to make sure since it looks like we have the same set up.

@eps1234 I'm interested as well. It looks like I have to remove the rear fairing and I would like to know if the shocks are kept in place by a stud or not. Have you tried removing it yet? If so, would you please be so kind to share your findings?

Thnx ... Found this file as well. Unfortunately it doesn't tell me if the shocks remain in place when the bolts are removed. I can't seem to find anything written about this online. Even though the question has been raised a couple of times.

???? No rocket science there..........

Bike on centerstand and rear tire slightly off ground. Remove ONE top shock bolt only, the other side shock will still support the wheel and arm but it will likely drop a little bit. Loosen lower end shock bolt on the first side and see if the top of shock is firmly still attached at top. Grab top end and try to swing it. Should easily come up with an answer there.

People should keep them, I do for a tool as I usually put header on that requires it to come off. But I keep the stand to slip in place to get back wheel off the ground if needed for work. Like having a jack for car.

I agree, but the centre stand wasn't on the bike when I bought it. I would buy one, but I'm not sure if I want to keep the bike as my regular bike in the near future. I'm considering buying something "new", although a lot of people people who had a nighthawk 750 regret the fact they sold it. Need more time to weigh my options [emoji848]

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G960F

Back