• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Stuck

dirty biker

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hello I have an 80 CB750C I rescued her from an old guy who had it in his shed for 10 years
Had the carbs rebuilt, new exhaust, plugs, wires, tires, rectifier, master cylinder, brakes etc. Since then I've put on about 10,000 miles and she's ran excellent no issues. Went to fire it up and the dreaded click sound. Figured out the solenoid was bad, during this process I took starter out and put 12V to it and it spun ok but didn't jump off the workbench. Installed everything and replaced solenoid. When it turns over its really weak and rite away I could hear rough noises coming from starter clutch area. Removed cover and tapped on starter gear a little and the starter would some what engage. tried it and im back to the click sound. "Any ideas"

Do NOT try to engage the starter with the side cover over the gears removed!!!!!!!!!!! Best way to break the engine case there is!

Battery may be bad.

Back