• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

LED Brakelight

Skelee

CB750 Addict
Reaction score
I swapped my headlight to LED and I am happy with it. I want to do the rear. I know the bottom of the lens is clear for the license plate. Do I use red or clear light bulb? Or clear for running light and red for brake light?

Thanks

1982 CB750SC Nighthawk

Clear bulb, a clear lens cannot filter out the red.

Watch the bulb LED configuration too, some make beautiful light as long as you are directly behind the bike but don't make much at all to the side where a car pacing beside you may not see you well at either your 4 or 8 o'clock.

Thanks for the insight. The more I research, the more options i find. I am thinking of 360 degree clear bulbs for both the daytime running light and brake light. I saw one that switches from white to red when braking but i think it was not 360 degrees or bright enough. Some that do a flash burst. Maybe keep it simple best way. AMC you rock!

I finally upgraded rear bulbs to led. what i learned is that led have an angle of projection. i got the 120 degree ones. the running light is nice and bright and when i hit the brakes its way brighter.

Back