• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Clutch lever too far, help?! Cb750 1976

Jenna

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hi guys
I'm struggling with my clutch lever as it's too far away and I only have little hands! Does anyone know of any dog legged style levers that would fit the 76 model?

Kind of depends on if they changed the pull ratio when they built the lever. The good ones they change the ratio of the clutch cable and lever pivot so you get the same clutch movement with less lever movement. But I doubt they would go through all that trouble on levers for a 40 year old bike. I used an aftermarket dogleg lever and perch assembly on my hardtail bike and the clutch works fine.

Can you be more specific about "struggling"? You say "little hands" and ask about "dogleg" levers, but why?

Even people with small hands should be able to get their fingertips over the clutch lever, unless it's bent and not in the stock position.

Is it that you just can't reach the lever or that it's too hard to pull in? The lever should be real easy to pull in, if it's difficult at all the clutch cable could be routed wrong causing binding, or it just needs replaced.

Back