• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

For Sale - 1979 cb750k 10th Anniversary Edition - $1800 (Longmont CO)

bigkuma

CB750 New member
Reaction score
moto_left.jpgmoto_Right.jpgmoto_top.jpgIt has been a fun journey, but it is time for a new chapter in my moto career. I decided to get into more trail riding and got a Zero FX.
Sadly, that means that it's time to part with my 18 year project. I got this bad boy for free from a guy who was taking a motorcycle class with me in college. He was taking it due to too many tickets, I was learning to ride. Over the years, I've changed almost everything available on this bike and rebuilt the engine twice. This "free" thing cost me about $6K over the years. It still needs a little bit of work or you can ride it as is for shorter trips.
I have been riding it about twice a week after the second rebuild, and it's been doing well getting me to work and back. I estimate about 200 miles on it since all the upgrades. Come by and give it a spin! (M endorsement required)

In this posting, I'll try to list all the upgrades and issues. Please send me any questions and I'll add answers here.

Engine:
WiSECO 4183M06500 pistons , 823cc.
Professionally bored out jugs to fit the pistons above.
New cam chain - top chain only, top to bottom is original. I didn't take the bottom end apart.
New cam chain guides (front and top)
Valve adjustment.
Professionally done head cleaning and NOS "racing" valve springs install.
Alan bolts on the cam retainers.
Four into Two exhaust.
Alan bolts on the exhast.
Cometic gasket kit
New oil switch sender
Teflon valve guide seals (not installed)

Carb:
Pro carb rebuild, doesn't leak.
New insulators front and back.

Brakes:
New front handle and reservoir.
Rear is original, cleaned and checked.

Tank:
New petcock
Pro rust removal and sealing service.

Suspension:
Front fork rebuild
Progressive rear shocks and springs

Electrical:
New ignition switch. (Bike is not stolen, I have the title).
New coils.
New alternator rotor.
New marine gel battery.
New flasher relay.
New main fuse holder (can now use car fuses).
New Regulator / Rectifier
New fuse box, extra fuses
Pazon HONDACB Spark Unit Set

Tires:
New front and rear tires.

Other:
New chain
New rubber for shifters, kick stand and brake pedal
New grips
New Clutch, choke and throttle cables
Replaced used rear axle
New right mirror
Another used gauge cluster (not installed)
New headlight (not installed)
Factory Service Manual (paper version in a binder)

Issues:
Third cylinder is not running right. Most likely, it needs new valve guide seals (that I am including). Worst case, it needs new rings (maybe $20). However, both requires pulling engine out of the bike (two men lift). I recommend that every few rides, you change or clean the cylinder 3 spark plug.
Front blinkers blink, but rear don't.
Horn doesn't work, didn't diagnose.
Seat is starting to rip.
I tried to perform the "remove the red tip from speedometer and tach, by drilling through glass", and failed. Glass cracked. I am including another entire gauge cluster if the taped up look bothers you.

Willing to negotiate. I can ship if you pay in full and arrange pick up.

Back