• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Frame hoop diameter

Wez_

CB750 Addict
Reaction score
I am trying to install a rear frame hoop with built in led. The outside diameter of my 82 nighthawk measures 1 inch. After searching, 99% of frame hoops are 7/8" or 22mm. If i planned on installing a plug for strength and weld in the hoop over that flush with my current frame, any recommendation on which diameter hoop to use for my nighthawk subframe?

Sorry for the confusing post. The outside diameter of my frame is 1" while the outside diameter of 99% of the sold hoops are 7/8". I don't want two different diameter frame pieces. I am looking for a continuous look with no step down in diameter. Or am I not thinking this out correctly?

Think it out however you will but some things do not lend easily to desires. As well, the bike frames change tubing sizes all over them. The hoops likely smaller to serve as the plugs themselves, they can be fitted to go inside the 1 inch tube fairly easily.

The guy selling the hoops in the above link can go kick rocks. He increased the price by $30 since this post.

7/8" it is. Besides, I took the calipers to the frame and the diameter seems to taper to less than 7/8" at the very end so I should be able to blend it in OK, and live with any diameter mismatch. Ill blend, fill and support everything in with the frame plugs/welds.

Back