• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

How do you date a Honda engine?

What size are the exhaust studs? 6 mm. or 8 mm.? Is the exhaust port D-shaped or fully round?

RC04 says it is an F motor. If the black paint is original and the side of head wiped to make the silver accents then '81-'82 likely. Pic up a bit further forward to around the oil pressure sensor location, if it has the little raised donut casted next to it then likely an '82.

No clue on most of the items you asked. But if you can blow up this picture it may help. Engine is freakish loud with the pipes it has. I have no lean angle either. Scraped the pipes turning a corner going to the shop. Not like my Harley at all. But rides like a dream and there power band is much better.

From other stuff I have found the 210 designation means second year of F bike and 1980. First year of that model always starts at 200 for first bike and jumps 10 for every new year, 230 say would be for 1982. First 3 digits of the last 7 numbers. Last 4 are the actual serial number sequence.

Back