• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

New bike

Mega325

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Just got this bike. Very nice bike but custom carb set up and the Mikuni carb floats start sticking after running for a bit. Should I rebuild the carbs or just go back to the stock set up? What is the consensus here? New to the forum so please be gentle. Also HELLO!

You'll likely have as much fun with the pods on the OEM carbs as you have no room for the stock airbox, which they really like best.

I myself would question that needle sticking thing, I used to run those carbs on a lot of stuff and no troubles like that.

Bowls were dropped and the floats are dead. Well two of the 4 floats are dead. They are not riding on fuel anymore. They are deteriorating. First thing I looked at.

There the plastic foam kind. So they will get replaced. Road the bike to get it inspected and it ran great at rpm. But idle I have to kill the fuel or it floods. They are going to replace the floats and check it on the dyno.

Floats were bad and getting replaced. The two mechanics at the shop almost came to blows on who was going to road test it.

Back