• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

CB750 K4 Sunrise Orange Brat/Cafe Build

Jon E

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Going to brat/cafe this beautiful K4
- I have the carbs and air box
- The stock speedo/tach is in excellent condition so I plan to keep it
- Leaning toward clubman handlebars (need suggestions on grips, etc.)
- Am I able to use clip ons and keep the stock speedo/tach? (if so, need suggestions)
- Removing front fender
- Thick front and rear tires (need suggestions)
- Adding rear loop (need suggestions on what angle I should use)
- Probably going to need someone to custom upholster a seat? (Ohio)
- Cycle X Chrome Honda CB750 Super 4 into 1 Chrome exhaust
- Need suggestions for all lights: headlights (with or without turn signals built in), turn signals, rear lights
- Ears?
- Mirrors?
- Open to suggestions, and looking forward to riding it soon

Attachments

• IMG_0391.jpg
    IMG_0391.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_0276.JPG
    IMG_0276.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 232
Honestly I hope you dont cut it up, that thing is very nice looking, its getting really hard to find nice clean complete 750's. I would not cut this one up, way too nice. I honestly hope you look for one that is more beat up to start with or at least dont cut or modify this one to where you couldnt put it all back to stock. In the end it is your bike but I hate seeing people cut up complete nice bikes to do the cafe thing.

I respect your position on these bikes. The only chopping being done is the rear seat loop.

I would try to fabricate a bolt on version as to not cut the frame. Once you cut, it will no longer be an all original 750. There are so many junk 750's out there I would still urge you to buy something else to chop up. But again it is your bike.

I haven't come across a minimalistic bolt on seat...I have trouble believing anybody could fab a minimalistic bolt on seat. Am I being naive?

Absolutely. Many of them are one-off made by the owners. The angle question shows it, the seat chosen often determining that angle not the other way around.

Bike is worth at least 5X what it will be cut at all, the world is full of them cut and at giveaway prices. Still, yours and do what you will but understand you will be lowering the value a whopping amount the second you cut.

Ridden like it is you have something far more rare than what it will be.

people would pay good money for that clean uncut bike. Wish I was closer and had some spare cash. People are looking for more original bikes now days, especially in these old classic 750's. Bikes in your condition are getting rare, especially with the original exhaust.

stock exhaust is rusted through- side covers shined up will, and are in good shape. came with aftermarket 70's fairing, passenger back rest, and rack.

Attachments

• IMG_0284.jpg
    IMG_0284.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 206
Back