• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Labeling wires

KevinGlover

What does this wire do
Reaction score
Hey team,

Has anyone found any really good way to label wires? Anything way better than some masking tape + permanent marker? That's all I've tried so far. I'd like some new ideas.

Kevin

What are you trying to accomplish? Tape is good because you can put a description or a name on it, thats all I have ever done. Normally your wires in a harness are different colors or with a trace so you can identify them that way. In hydraulic systems I use a different piece of colored wire and twist it around each hose or line and its corresponding spot to keep them organized during dissassembly.

I'm thinking that I'd like to have a good way of labeling wires where they're joined into connectors. My bike has a lot of non-factory wiring, so a lot of the documentation is irrelevant. I keep my own records but it would be nice to have labels right there on the bike. I've seen people use permanent marker on shrink wrap, for example, but I've been looking for ideas that are more permanent.

Back