• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

New guy from upstate new york

BUD LAMANTIA

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hey everybody. New guy checkin' in. I bought my 1969 CB750 in 1970 from a fellow Serviceman stationed in Japan. Shipped it to the States in 1970. It still had the Japanese Speedo and Tach, so I had to switch them out to title it in the States.
I did quite a few mods to it. To start, it's now an 840. Switched out instrumentation, 6 inch fork extensiion, shortened the swingarm to bring in the rear end and had to fit a Harley rim, Custom metalflake paint, custom made seat. I messed with the jetting. It was sweet with 16's, and now has 20's, but they're a little on the rich side.
I parked it several years ago because I just got too busy. I drained all fuel of course, and turned it over a sevral times a year. It's about time I got back on it. I spent years in Phoenix, and I spent many weekends cruising the desert highways. It was my best friend out there, and I still give it a tap every time I walk past it. It's time.
Good to meet You, BUD

Hey everybody. New guy checkin' in. I bought my 1969 CB750 in 1970 from a fellow Serviceman stationed in Japan. Shipped it to the States in 1970. It still had the Japanese Speedo and Tach, so I had to switch them out to title it in the States.
I did quite a few mods to it. To start, it's now an 840. Switched out instrumentation, 6 inch fork extensiion, shortened the swingarm to bring in the rear end and had to fit a Harley rim, Custom metalflake paint, custom made seat. I messed with the jetting. It was sweet with 16's, and now has 20's, but they're a little on the rich side.
I parked it several years ago because I just got too busy. I drained all fuel of course, and turned it over a sevral times a year. It's about time I got back on it. I spent years in Phoenix, and I spent many weekends cruising the desert highways. It was my best friend out there, and I still give it a tap every time I walk past it. It's time.
Good to meet You, BUD
Hi Bud! Wow! Do you gave a picture you can post? I'm pretty new here and a total rookie. Hats off to you! For how long you've owned your bike and your service! Kind regards, Jim

Hi Bud! Wow! Do you gave a picture you can post? I'm pretty new here and a total rookie. Hats off to you! For how long you've owned your bike and your service! Kind regards, Jim

Thanks Jim. This bike has given me memories that will never stop. We had a fun pack. We boiled in the hot sun all week and had the wind in our hair all weekend. We managed to ride to work some days and be cruising in the cold desert winds at night. These are great machines. At the time we were kings of the road. A few gangs out there would argue about that, but we FELT that we were. Thanks for the welcome, and I'll have to get a digital camera. I'm new at this computer stuff, and I hate cel phones.

Back