• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

76 cb750 F

Chauncey Gardener

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Frozen front brake pad or the pad seating (according to Haynes). The pad pried off. I'm not sure if the pad seating is part of the pad. The whole front disc system seems pretty primitive. I've heated and soaked the post seat with brake fluid. And tapped around on it to get it to move. It won't budge. Can I drill a hole in it and run a screw in there and pull it out? Got the rear all cleaned up and bled, pedal moves smoothly. Needs a kit but it works fine.
0a9b6bf92461bfa929e06cbaa801bf9c.jpg

You can cobble up a one-off fitting to fit in it to then pump grease from a greasegun in it and for sure that removes most of them provided the parts seal enough to lock the grease in. Or your drill idea but I'd make sure I had the spare piston in hand first.

X2, the earliest ones had no dust seals at all and only rely on your greasing up the parts outboard of the pistons, pretty stoneage indeed.

You can cobble up a one-off fitting to fit in it to then pump grease from a greasegun in it and for sure that removes most of them provided the parts seal enough to lock the grease in. Or your drill idea but I'd make sure I had the spare piston in hand first.

X2, the earliest ones had no dust seals at all and only rely on your greasing up the parts outboard of the pistons, pretty stoneage indeed.
Thanks for that. The rear was stuck pretty tight but I was able to gently rock it out. There's no way to get a purchase on the submerged piston on the front.
The brake looks as effective as an airhead rear drum.

Back