• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Motor-mount issues

cpmoto

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hi. I'm 17 and I just purchased a 1979 cb750k DOHC in about a million pieces. I'm new to building bikes in general and I'm having a little trouble figuring out how the front motor mount closest to the neck is supposed to be situated. If anyone owns a '79 and is willing to post or send me some pictures of that front motor mount I would really appreciate that. My main problem right now is that I have the "hangars", for lack of a better term, attached on both sides of the frame, but when I slide the bolt through, it seems like its about an inch too long. I don't know if I'm using the wrong bolt, if I'm missing some sort of spacer or bushing, or if my hangars are incorrectly mounted. Any advice, or especially pictures of the motor mounts on a '79 will be very helpful. Thanks. (this is my first time posting on a forum like this so please don't bash me if i don't know the etiquette or what not).

Back