• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Recommend CB750 SOHC engine mechanic

Bob Andren

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hi Folks, I'm a newbie here and am about to start the restoration of a "sandcast" CB750 that I was fortunate enough to find. I spend much of my retirement restoring 50s/60s/70s British and Italian bikes but this is my first experience with a Japanese machine. I do believe that when I finish, there will be no oil dripping and the electrics will actually work, as one often finds with the British and Italian bikes (part of their character, I guess). So anyway, I'd like some recommendations for a real expert mechanic with the CB750 SOHC engines. I'd like to pull the engine/transmission and just hand it to the mechanic saying, "call me when it's cosmetically and mechanically like new" . It only has about 10,000 miles on the engine so it should be in good shape, in terms of wear. So, can any of you give me some suggestions. Thanks, Bob Andren

Engine rebuilds

Hi Folks, I'm a newbie here and am about to start the restoration of a "sandcast" CB750 that I was fortunate enough to find. I spend much of my retirement restoring 50s/60s/70s British and Italian bikes but this is my first experience with a Japanese machine. I do believe that when I finish, there will be no oil dripping and the electrics will actually work, as one often finds with the British and Italian bikes (part of their character, I guess). So anyway, I'd like some recommendations for a real expert mechanic with the CB750 SOHC engines. I'd like to pull the engine/transmission and just hand it to the mechanic saying, "call me when it's cosmetically and mechanically like new" . It only has about 10,000 miles on the engine so it should be in good shape, in terms of wear. So, can any of you give me some suggestions. Thanks, Bob Andren

Bob- Cycle-X is a great place to send your engine. http://cyclexchange.net/
Call Ken and tell him Cedric sent you. I think he will remember me.

APE wont do complete motors. For I stock motor I would say Hondaman. For performance motor I would go to Cyclex, they do stock rebuilds also.

Back