• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Adding a Hydraulic clutch slave cylinder

DavHJ

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Looking to install a hydraulic clutch on my 1974 CB750K4 Resto-Mod, has anybody ever done it with any success? I know a new clutch cover will have to be made to mount the slave cylinder too and a new clutch rod. any info would be helpful.

Thanks,
Dave

Can be done with enough machine work I suppose, hasnt really been a need for it hence it hasnt been done much. If the 750 clutch is adjusted correctly and the cable new the pull is lighter then most modern bike clutches. I can easily pull mine in with 2 fingers even with the heavy springs.

Yah, I don't have an issue with the cable setup with heavy springs easy to pull and no slippage. I'm making a lot of custom one off parts for the bike and just was toying around with making it hydraulic. I'm a Solidworks and Surfcam user so design is not an issue, I also run a CNC machine.

Dirtigger thanks for the reply.
Dave

Would be a cool setup, update pictures during design and fab. I have lots of ideas for parts but lack the knowledge and access to the machines to make the parts reality lol. There are some parts that could use updating in the 750 and many are no longer available from Honda. Look forward to seeing your work.

Back