• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Pods on 82 nighthawk

82nighthawkbuild

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am trying to do pods on my 82 nighthawk. Anyone have any tips or videos on how to mount the carbs without the airbox? Thank you!

I also have an 82 nighthawk currently equippec with pods. They have been a challenge to say the least to get tuned right. I currently have carbs off for cleaning. I work in a custom fab metal shop so i made me some large washers so to speak to go in the pod to cut down the air. Seemed to help. Anxious to get carbs back on as i have bypassed the air cutoffs. Good luck with the pods friend they can be great but ooo they can be not so great!

Hey guys, I am trying to do pods on my 82 nighthawk. Anyone have any tips or videos on how to mount the carbs without the airbox? Thank you!

Dude...just read a few of the threads on this website about PODS vs Stock Air Box. Almost 1 in 10 posts includes a post to not run PODS but have at it if you must. Just don't expect too much sympathy when they don't work out. They dump too much air into the CV carbs which require vacuum. Some guys here are posting links to website that sell jets that supposedly work, but I haven't heard much specifics, just links....I had pods, and everything ran great until 7K RPM. Went to stock box and the bike now just lays down 10K+ RPM. Needle will climb to max and even shows signs of wanting more...

Back