• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Intake Manifold Inquiry - Please help!

Vossero

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm not sure if I'm right or wrong about this but...To my knowledge, the intake manifold is those 4 rubber tubes connecting the engine and the carbs yes? If not, this post is about those rubber tubes.

I bought a 1978 CB750K5 as a pile of parts a few weeks ago, I'm working on getting it assembled and running, i have no knowledge about actual mechanics, I've only done a lot of research. Anyway, those 4 rubber hoses between the carbs and the head were all off, i was able to get them onto the carbs, but now its extremely hard to get THAT onto the head. So does anybody have any ideas on how to slip it all on? I cracked one of the tubes slightly, would that be a big problem? I really don't wanna shell out 80 bucks for a new set of 4 so if i can use these ones, i want to. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys!

If they are cracking then they are too old and hard. Any cracks that go all the way through will cause a vacuum leak and that would be a problem. They really are not that hard to get on when they are pliable. Guys heat them, soak them in there own voodoo concoctions to soften them up to get them on. I would buy new ones because it probably wont be the last time you have to put the carbs on. You could try your luck and get some used ones off of ebay, you might get lucky and you might not. I also put the on the head first and then put the carbs on because of the angle of the ports on the head.

Back