• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

New FL member Trying to buy 1969

Flash76

CB750 New member
Reaction score
New member here from central Florida looking for information from the gurus on this forum.
Like many of you I am sure, I had a old cb750 as one of my first motorcycles. For me it was a 1971 that I bought in 76 when I was a senior in HS. Recently I found out that the father of an old friend of mine has a 1969 that he purchased new in 69, put about 1,800 miles on it then parked it in his garage in 1980 where it has been sitting with a tarp over it since then. I don't have pictures or the serial number yet, just a verbal description. The bike is for sale and I am the only one that has been made aware of its existence so there is a good chance I can land this gem if a price can be agreed on. What is known: 1969 CB750 bought new in Florida where it has been all its life. Stored in a non-AC garage since about 1980, completely stock, original title in available, slight surface rust on chrome, orange in color, no dents dings or tip overs and approximately 1,800 actual miles. The owner is a miser and a hoarder but will sell this since I am a friend of his son. What isn't know: serial number so I don't know if it is a sand cast motor or not, if the engine turns over or not, if it was stored with gas in the tank or not. I know there are many unknowns but if anyone could provide guidelines on what the value of this motor cycle could be and\or any other helpful hints I would be appreciative. I am guessing that somewhere between $5k and $10k would be a good price depending on what the unknowns reveal.
Thanks,

There are many factors when looking at an older bike thats been sitting for a while you have touched on a few of these. However you might try looking on Craigs list for the same year and model - it would give you a starting price. Also if your on face book there a a few CB750 pages who might help out also -one thing is make sure you get a tittle with the bike - good luck

You need to determine what you have before anyone can put price to it. Sand cast vs not is a huge difference price. If it is the original exhaust, seat, etc it is far more valuable. You need to see what the bike is before you know what you got.

Bike has nowhere near that value in the shape it's in now.

If it is a complete true sandcast you would be suprised what people will pay for it even if in rough shape. The sandcast sohc stuff is worth big money, even bigger when completely done. If it is sandcast and 100% complete and original it can easy bring the $5000 the original poster sugested even if it needs a lot of work.

Go over to CB750 Sandcast only site and ask this question, you will get relavent info from those who concentrate on just sandcast 750's. Just beware you will probably have some local to you members trying to find this bike and get it before you can.

Back