• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

starting problem cb newbie

halfbreed

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Ok i just bought a 78 cb750k.It cold here but is there any trick in starting these bike.i Put new battery and checked plugs ,cant seem to get it fire off .I try start starter fuild to .i got spark .The start will not turn over only a few rotations before kicking out ,,is that normal for these ..or do i need to just let this battery charge mofre .it been a couple hours on trickle charge ?Just trying to narrow problems .Thanks

The starter kicking out after a couple of rotations is the starter clutch, if it hasn't run in a while it may start working better once you ride it for a bit. If it continues to do it you will need to replace the starter clutch which is under the alternator cover. Are you getting fuel to the carbs? Using the choke?

and...As far as it not firing up, going to need more information. Did you buy it non running?, sitting up a long time?, or seller started it and let you here it run or you,ve had it running?

If sitting up awhile, prolly going to have to start by cleaning the carbs, draining all gas and starting with fresh gas, filter etc. Also best in this situation to start with new plugs. Do the plugs you checked all have strong blue spark?

And yes your battery should be fully charged.

Back