• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

CBswede

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Two years ago I got this old CB from a welder I worked with on a building site.
It had been sitting for 12 years since the engine had broke down, So I had it for free.
I immediately tore it down into pieces and after that I´ve been working on the engine when theres
time for it. I´m married and have got two kids so this is a project i wont hesitate to finish, I work on it when
there is time for it. WP_20150827_23_20_03_Pro.jpg
This is the bike when I got it to the workshop.

Since then i have been renovating the enginge, changed all ball bearings in the gearbox, oil seals, crank bearings, piston rings and grinded the valves.
the enginge crankcase halfes is put togethes and the pistons and cylinders reassembled.
The plan is to start working on the frame during this winter/spring.
This will be a budget project so I will use what stuff I have laying around in the workshop and parts I can buy cheap.
Hope you like it.
Charlie

This is how far I have came with the engine, I just need to find a new tensioner for the short camchain before I can get the cylinder head mounted, havent decided if i should paint or polish the side covers yet.
I hade also ordered the carb reduild kit on ebay.IMG_1237.jpg

This is the engine stand i built, for it. simple but very good because it is possible to turn the engine upside down in it when the cylinders are removed.
great when working on the gearbox.10632342_1805565779670359_759422888_n.jpg

Back