• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

I'm looking to buy a 98

docjones

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I'm going to check out a 98 with 17500 miles. Anything I should be looking for? Bad valve cover gaskets, front wheel bearings, anything? I've been around the block but the only thing I know to check out is the inside of the gas tank. Any and all help will be appreciated. thanks tom

I'm sad to say we did not. My two girls and I drove 3 hours one way to check out a Honda Silver Wing for me. The Nighthawk was for my daughter but the owner was working so he couldn't show it. The nighthawk was kinda last minute but it was in the same little town. The Silver Wing was a bust. The owner said the tires were 3 years old. Turns out they were 13. I wasn't about to drive it home on 13 year old tires. We still want the Nighthawk but it will have to wait till next year. Good luck with the CB550. Is that a shaft drive? I love the smaller 4 cylinder bikes. The CB350F and the CB400F. I wish Honda would bring one of those back instead of the massive CB1100. Keep in touch. Tom

Yes, the '83 CB550 is a shaft drive -- sort of unusual for a smaller bike. It also has a few other neat tech things.

I wouldn't mind picking up an old CX500 myself . . .

Finally got a really sweet 02. 13,500 miles, new tires and the bike runs great. Not to brag but I only paid $2000.00 I looked all over the Southeast for 4 months.

Back