• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Please help identify my CB750 :-)

MorningWhiskey

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hello everyone

Any help understanding what my bike is made up of would be awesome, im looking at ordering parts soon and want to make sure I grab the correct ones.

According to my bikes registration it is a 1977 CB750. However when I use the online serial number charts to me it looks like the frame falls under 1975 and the motor 1976? (This im sure is just me not getting it right)

Frame number: CB750F - 1020162
Engine Number: CB750E - 2541341

Here are a couple of photos that might help with this.

Thanks to all

Nathan IMG_0188.jpgIMG_0147.jpgIMG_0145.jpg20171204_223500.jpg20171204_224153.jpg

Frame is a 75 F model Engine is a 76 K...not the correct motor for the bike. Not sure how they came up with 77 for the registration...what does the title say for year? So you will be ordering K model engine parts and what F chassis, brake, body parts, etc.

Much appreciated dirtdigger! I was thinking there was something fishy going on here.

At least I can get the correct bits and pieces now

I don't think we have titles here in New Zealand, all information is tied into a vehicles registration

Much appreciated dirtdigger! I was thinking there was something fishy going on here.

At least I can get the correct bits and pieces now

I don't think we have titles here in New Zealand, all information is tied into a vehicles registration
I have the same issue with my bike. I am in Norway and the title says 78 only because that's when it was registered. My frame is CB
750F-1035468 engine CB750E-2557914. What I've been told is that it was built in 75 for the 76 European market. It could be the same where you are located.

From what I’ve heard and read, you’ll never get matching frame/engine numbers because of Honda’s QC practice of pulling random engines from the assembly line to test.

No the numbers will never match but 99.9% of the time they will be of the same year of manufacture and of the same model year. Its not really a QC thing either, the engine and basic bike had been made in different plants and brought together later. Honda made more engines then they did bikes so numbers never match. Different production lines and different assembly times so they came never came together at the same times, or very very rarely.

No the numbers will never match but 99.9% of the time they will be of the same year of manufacture and of the same model year.

Aren’t all the engines marked “E” regardless of F, K models?

I completely glossed over the fact they were different years - too much cough syrup LOL

no the k engines are marked cb750e, The f are cb750fe the auto is cb750ae in 76 but just cb750e in the later years

Back