• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1999 Nighthawk -- thinking about buying

CactusCat

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I'm going to Phoenix to check out a 1999 CB750 Nighthawk with 12K miles. It is all original and sure looks nice and well-cared for. Any comments or advice on what to look for or what to ask the seller? The owner is asking $2000, which is over KBB or NADA, but it seems in very good shape. Most CB750s that I find on Craigslist or CycleTrader have been thrashed and left out in the weather in the back yard for years.

Here's a pic . . .

Attachments

• 1999CB750Nighthawk.jpg
    1999CB750Nighthawk.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 129
Hello CactusCat, did you buy that 99 Nighthawk? I'm looking to buy a 98 here in Florida. As we can see no one has replied to you so we both might be stuck out in the cold. From what I've read so make sure it start easily hot or cold. Idles well with out the choke on. Runs great through all the gears and don't be afraid to red line it. One important thing look inside the gas tank for rust. I'm sure we both wish someone else would chime in. I'm the guy looking at a 98 with 17500 miles. Tom

No. I didn't buy it. I made the decision today not to purchase for various reasons. It was going to be a 5 hour round trip to look at and maybe purchase the bike, and the owner would not take some decent high-res pics of all four sides of the bike. Also, I found out while discussing this with the owner that he buys/sells motorcycles -- I thought he was the owner/rider. No, he purchased it in an auction. A couple of other minor things. Oh well -- the owner seemed like a nice guy and he probably is but I'm going to let this one pass . . .

It would be nice if someone here would have helped me but I think this site is not very active -- no one's fault really.

Good luck in your purchase Tom.

(I should have known this place was relatively inactive when not a single person responded to my thread of introduction. Oh well . . . )

Well CactusCat that's to bad. This might be a rush buy for me but I'll do all I can to make sure it's a good one. I don't have to buy it but my daughter would be thrilled. We also have a distance problem but we were are driving down to the same city to get me a very nice used Honda Silver Wing Scooter. The drive is at least 2 1/2 hours one way so why not kill two birds with one stone. The current owner really wants to get rid of it so I'm hoping to get it for $1700.00. Wish me luck, I've always wanted one. Tom

Back