• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Help

pmaco1978

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Can someone please help me i inharited a honda cb750 before i got it my wifes family parked her dads motorcycle out in the back yard and want to know if it is the one he gave me in his weel the number on the frame is cb750-1002909 and the number on the engine is cb750e-2710910 please can someone help idinafie this bike

According to the numbers its a early frame, looks like 69 but the motor is a K7 1977, if it was the original sand cast motor you would have a treasure on your hands and something worth a lot of money. Some pictures of body work and gauges would help verify the basic bike year. Is the original motor hiding out somewhere in a corner?

According to the numbers its a early frame, looks like 69 but the motor is a K7 1977, if it was the original sand cast motor you would have a treasure on your hands and something worth a lot of money. Some pictures of body work and gauges would help verify the basic bike year. Is the original motor hiding out somewhere in a corner?
I think i have the engine the number on that is cb750e-1002884

The new number would be a correct motor for the frame, it is also the highly collectable and valuable sandcast. If you put the two back together you have some good money on your hands. Like said some pictures would help verify.

Engine clutch cover have different number of bolts as does the oil pan. Oil filter cover will be smooth not finned on the sandcast. Side covers on the bike, gauges and upper triple tree. Does it have original exhaust in good shape? Should have HM300 stamped on it.

It is missing the oil filter cover and the other side cover and i am looking for all the side panels for the bike
0fc0176cc125aaf9c68dd2f12bbd196b.jpg

Count the bolts in the clutch cover. Any idea why the motor was swapped? Case broke by the sprocket?....most common reason...the drive chain would break and go through the case.

Gauges setup isnt stock for the year, looks like a lot of non stock parts. 10 hole is not sandcast...must be replacement cases with the old case engine number stamped in.

Whats up with the Hondamatic? Would love to have one someday.

I'll keep you in mind, dont have the money or the means to get it right now going into winter. What else you got? Any engines that may have been modified performance wise? I have an addiction to old 750 performance parts lol

Looking for anything performance related, ported heads, cams, bored or aftermarket carbs, hi po connecting rods, etc.

Back