• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

2nd generation 83 nighthawk owner

Gsjj

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I wanted to share some pictures and a quick background of my MC. I have been on the forum asking questions and getting information for the past few weeks and thank you to all who have contributed. My father bought the bike new in 1983 when I was 10. He drove me to sports and misc rides through my childhood. Once I went to college, (1200 miles away) he only drove it so it could run. He then moved closer to me 10 years ago, but his health started declining. Finally, after 6 years of sitting, he decided that he would no longer be able to drive it (at 80 years old) and gave it to me. So, with 6,500 miles and always garaged and covered (in the garage) this bike is all orignal and in great shape. I finally have it running excellent after the typical carb clean, new gaskets and new petcock. After alot of trial and error, it now starts up cold on either the first or second time and idles around 1200 nicely.

After a good cleaning, here are some pictures. For now I am enjoying the ride, but the next step is I have to replace the brake fluid resevoir as it is leaking and possibly some new front pads as they are squeeking alot, but I have not really looked at them yet.

Thanks for reading..

20171105_134747.jpg20171105_134756_001.jpg

Back